subclass 117 / 837
Orphan Relative Visa

  • This visa allows you to
  • remain in Australia indefinitely
GAMC > Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 117 / 837)

Do you have problems in finding a consultant :

We, as your consultant :

Your benefits :

Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 117 / 837)


This visa allows a child whose parents are dead or can’t take care of the child or the parents’ whereabouts are not known, to live with their relative in Australia.

This is permanent residence visa lets the child to live their life with eligible relative. Child can be in or outside Australia when applying this visa.

Summary of Criteria (Eligibility)

Child must:

  • Be less than 18 years.
  • Must be sponsored by eligible relative.
  • Not have parent who can care for them.
  • Meet health requirements.
  • Meet character requirements.
  • Satisfy all other criteria as set out in Australian Laws.


You can:

  • Live in Australia permanently.
  • Work and study in Australia.
  • Apply Australian citizenship in future.
  • Multiple entry visa.
  • Other siblings also able to apply .

Claim you free consultation to check whether you can migrate.

Other family visa categories

Are you a relative of an Australian citizen or permanent resident and looking for information about migration in one of the following categories?

Are you interested to migrate to Australia?

Register Your Interest

FAQ(s) about migrating to Australia under family visa categories

Immigration to Australia
What is ‘capping and queueing’?

‘Capping and Queueing’ is a process implemented by the immigration department of Australia for granting some of family category visas e.g. parent visa. Immigration department determines certain number of visas for each financial year for some visa and after reaching that number of visa grant, other pending applications are queued to be processed next year.

I am married to an Australian citizen/PR just now. Can I apply partner visa right now or do I need to wait for some time?

You may apply partner visa now if you satisfy all other criteria. Marriage is just one of the criteria need to be satisfied.

Can I apply partner visa even if I am not married to my partner?

You may or you may not. There are many other circumstances and criteria need to be considered. Each case requires case-to-case advise.

Can my parents apply parents visa (permanent) if ‘Balance of Family’ test is not satisfied but I sponsor them?

Sponsorship is mandatory for ‘Parents Visa’ application; hence it does not create any specific additional advantage. Balance of Family test is also compulsory to be satisfied.