subclass 870
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa

  • This visa allows you to
  • remain in Australia temporarily
GAMC > Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 870)

Do you have problems in finding a consultant :

We, as your consultant :

Your benefits :

Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (subclass 870)

Is your child settled Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen? Are you born outside Australia?

Do you wish to live with your child temporary but for longer period than visitor visa?

The Immigration Department of Australia has introduced Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa which allow parents of Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live and spend more time with their children in Australia. This temporary visa allows you to live in Australia for 3 or 5 years. You may apply this visa more than once if you wish to live in Australia longer up to 10 years. You will not be entertained any work rights.

Summary of Criteria

You must,

  • Have approved parent sponsor before applying this visa
  • Not work in Australia while you hold this visa
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Have and maintain enough health insurance
  • Satisfy all other requirements as set out in Australian Immigration Legislations


You can,

  • No need to satisfy family balance test
  • Have the opportunity to live with your children longer
  • Apply this visa again if you like to stay longer
  • Stay for a cumulative period of 10 years maximum
  • Travel in and out of Australia as many times as you wish

Claim your free consultation to check whether you can apply.

Other family visa categories

Are you a relative of an Australian citizen or permanent resident and looking for information about migration in one of the following categories?

Are you interested to migrate to Australia?

Register Your Interest

FAQ(s) about migrating to Australia under family visa categories

Immigration to Australia
What is ‘capping and queueing’?

‘Capping and Queueing’ is a process implemented by the immigration department of Australia for granting some of family category visas e.g. parent visa. Immigration department determines certain number of visas for each financial year for some visa and after reaching that number of visa grant, other pending applications are queued to be processed next year.

I am married to an Australian citizen/PR just now. Can I apply partner visa right now or do I need to wait for some time?

You may apply partner visa now if you satisfy all other criteria. Marriage is just one of the criteria need to be satisfied.

Can I apply partner visa even if I am not married to my partner?

You may or you may not. There are many other circumstances and criteria need to be considered. Each case requires case-to-case advise.

Can my parents apply parents visa (permanent) if ‘Balance of Family’ test is not satisfied but I sponsor them?

Sponsorship is mandatory for ‘Parents Visa’ application; hence it does not create any specific additional advantage. Balance of Family test is also compulsory to be satisfied.